Welcome

I try to update as often as I have time and I hope you enjoy the updates on the kids. Honestly, sometimes I forget about it until someone mentions to me that they check it for updates. I will try to stay on this and keep everyone posted on our family! Thanks!

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Fancy Feet


Lauren's feet look wonderful, adorable and perfect!!!! Here are some pictures of the process it took to get there. I didn't put pictures of her before feet until now because I didn't want to worry people and we knew it would get better. You will be amazed in the change of appearance in a short amount of time. We are so thankful for Dr. Sinclair at Children's Mercy Kansas City.



Both of her feet were turned in.



This is Lauren.... 10 days old getting her first set of casts put on. As you can tell in the picture, I was overwhelmed watching my newborn get casts put on both feet. I wish I knew then how simple the process was going to be.


After week 1

After week 2

After week 3


After week 4

We didn't get any pictures of after week 5 because they took the casts off in the surgery room and she had new casts put on. She wore them for three weeks and yes they were dirty and stinky!


Aunt Mandy and cousins Brandon and Kyle decorated her casts right before we took her to get them off! She felt very punk rock and proud of her ink!

Here are her beautiful feet today!!! She still wears the brace (I will add a picture of that below) for 20 hours a day, but after August 17th she only has to wear it at night. This process seems like it flew by and she is putting weight on her feet already!

She even looks adorable with this brace on her feet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Little Miss Twinkle Toes!

Grammy loves you soooo much!