Welcome

I try to update as often as I have time and I hope you enjoy the updates on the kids. Honestly, sometimes I forget about it until someone mentions to me that they check it for updates. I will try to stay on this and keep everyone posted on our family! Thanks!

Monday, April 26, 2010

Progress!


We have put in a lot of road time traveling to Childrens Mercy Hospital in Kansas City and it has been well worth the time! Laurens' feet are looking wonderful, it is amazing how fast they can change. She still has a long road ahead of her but the doctor is satisfied with her progress. She is currently wearing her fifth set of casts and will have surgery Wednesday the 28th (so say a little prayer) to have her achilles tendon lengthened. I am so thankful that they have these procedures! After the surgery they will cast her for three weeks and then we are done with casts and onto the brace! We are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Here are the latest pictures of her feet before they put the last set of casts on.




There is a wonderful play area outside the hospital and Drew made some new friends. He seems to make friends every where we go.


Drew has been staying busy at home doing projects. Here he is playing play dough.


No comments: