Welcome

I try to update as often as I have time and I hope you enjoy the updates on the kids. Honestly, sometimes I forget about it until someone mentions to me that they check it for updates. I will try to stay on this and keep everyone posted on our family! Thanks!

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Slow down!!!

It is funny how this parenting thing works.... with Drew I was always excited for him to grow and see him meet all of his milestones. However with the second child, especially since this will be our last baby, I am wanting Lauren to stop growing so fast. I know that this baby stage won't be here forever and it makes me a little sad to think about it. I love watching her sleep, holding her while she sleeps, listening to her noises, smelling so good like a baby and many other things. I wish that I had enjoyed this stage more with Drew. I feel so blessed right now as I look around at both of my children and I want to stay here forever (well I would like Lauren to sleep through the night). This morning after everyone woke up we put all four of us in our bed and I was looking at everyone and I told Sam "these are the moments we need to treasure because it won't be like this forever". Drew seems so big to me right now... he is changing so much. He is doing great with his new sister and is loving spending extra time with Daddy. I love watching him learn new things and his eyes light up when he knows he has done something good or has made us proud. So I just have to remind myself, even on the stressful days, to just take it all in and try to make the best memories out of the situation. If you can't tell already... I love my family and my life!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel exactly the same way. Thanks for putting it into words for me too.

Love,
Grammy

Anonymous said...

I feel exactly the same way, thanks for putting it into words.

Love,
Grammy